No Rest for the Wicked is a contest between me and big JF
to see who can lose the most body fat by 7pm, April 1...
I thought instead of phone calls and emails to see how I'm doing,
I'd post here to help include my friends in my little process! Welcome! Help me out!
[ab]

Friday, March 12, 2010

travelly badness/goodness

OKAY.
boy am i LEARNING FROM THIS PROCESS!
1. travelling throws me off my workout progress but NOT off my eating progress anymore! i have done so well understanding what im eating and why, seeing it all in chart form and value form, i have accomplished one of my major goals - making this a natural habit.
2. like i said: travelling throws me off my workout progress. i know i could do better with that, and ill work on it.
3. a major reason ive ever gained weight: portion sizes. thats simply it. and i think thats the issue with lots of people: you cant go to panera and get a salad and think youre eating healthfully, you cant just have a turkey sandwich or a fruit salad and think its healthy. yeah, its a 'healthier' food choice than doritos, BUT, portion-sizes-wise, you may have stayed within calories/carbs/sodium/fat etc with a bag of doritos! and staying within calories/carbs/sodium/fat limits is what helps you lose body fat.
4. im very good at this. and im very happy. however im annoyed that i havent gymmed it up harder. ive been away from home for 16 out of the last 21 days, in 4 different cities! keeping up the eating part is something im proud of and happy with.
so, in general, this project is going well, doing its job.
still, need to keep it up hard-core.
starting this monday, i am not going anywhere until the end date (april 1) - so ill have every single day to hit the gym hard and continue with my great progress so far.
thanks again for all your support - im really surprised how many daily encouraging texts/emails i get, and your encouragement on this blog is super fun, especially from new friends across the country!
thanks, all!
happiness!
[ab]

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! If you can keep up the eating healthy portion while you are traveling then you are doing fabulous!!! Keep up the great work!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete